Sunday, December 26, 2010

FIrst Date...An hour of nothing...kind of

So, my first date came and went. There was no awkwardness, there was no lack of conversation, and unfortunately there was no spark. None. So while an hour long conversation can be enlightening and an overall positive experience, friendship isn't really my focus is it? I know it was my first date and well basically my first date overall without using conventional means, I started to think about whether this method of dating could ever really be effective for me personally. I mean my date was a very nice, good looking girl, who seemed like someone from a good family and headed down a great career path, but her demeanor was very business like. This is what was throwing me off. My personality is whether I'm on a date, in church, or in the most uncomfortable elevator ride of all time, pretty jovial and engaging. I strike up conversations with strangers almost daily. So as the date began, I was engaging. She was studying, analyzing, and processing which in retrospect and with the help of Miss Matched became apparent that she was deciding if i was a right fit, before she was deciding if she was even having a good time.

Maybe the venue was not as conducive for a loose atmosphere (1pm on a Sunday was sheerly out of scheduling conflicts, remember we are coordinating my schedule and observer, expert, and Miss Matched) but again if you are concerned about the venue then you aren't letting your mind and heart be open for this journey anyway then right? Isn't that what you are paying 39.99 a month for? Either way I thought I should leave the option open for a follow-up "night time" date and we parted ways. Excited to go on more dates and meet more people. Like I said in my very first post, every date that doesn't turn into "The Notebook" is not a failure, but just another learning experience providing the tools to carry forward that you will need when that special someone does turn out to be a "match". -Mr. Matched

No comments:

Post a Comment