Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lack of Communication :(

Well...Obviously we haven't been going on any dates...as there are no new blogs! I finally finished moving and my older son is back to college. Time to concentrate on this "project" again. Kim has been super busy herself..so it's been hard for her to stay on top of the matching/emailing/winking. I decided to go in and finally take a look around. Up until now I have really only looked at who Kim picked for me. It was a long weekend and some bad weather..so I decided..what the heck. I went into the search section. Up came my potential matches. I must have filled out the form wrong. REALLY??? Those are my potential matches??? I think not! Then I clicked on the "opposites" button. How interesting. Why do they look more like a match to me than the ones that were suppose to match?? I favorited a few so Kim would know who to target. She "Winked"for me... I really could have done that myself but that's not how we set up our little rules. Anyway...Still the weekend and I take another search through potential matches. Hmmm. There's a handsome chap and he lives in the next town. He's conveniently located..and I have no plans for the weekend. I decide..screw the rules. I'm winking at this guy myself! There... done! He emails me the next day and it was a very nice normal sounding guy! Yaaay! Hope Kim responds.... 2 days later...nothing! ok this guy is gonna think I'm rude! And my weekend and available time is coming to an end. I am justifying to myself why I should break the rules and email him myself. I conclude that A) Kim says it's hard for her to get on the computer during the weekends and B) I should just handle these Westchester guys myself. Let's face it. Is the team going to schlep out here to watch my date. I don't think so! So..I email him back.

Hey ______-
Just getting back to a schedule now after moving, having my older son back to college, and the music industry starting up again. (It always shuts down from Christmas to New Years)

I'm fairly new to Match. A friend told me to give it a try but I have to say I think it's pretty weird! How are you liking it?

Christie

Ok...That was easy enough.

That was yesterday. MLK day. Now from my view on match.com it shows if you have emailed someone or not. WELL...apparently Kim did not see that . So then TODAY she emailed him again...pretending of course to be me. Here is what I sounded like today (via Kim)

Hi ______,

Nice to meet you. Yes, that is not too far. I do have a busy schedule, but it's not as bad as I make it out to sound. And now that the holidays are over and my son is back to school, it's almost normal. I have two sons, one in college and one in high school. I work in music which is interesting, stressful, fun, and drives me crazy as well. :) What about you? How's this slushy Tuesday going?

Enjoy,
Christie

This guy is going to think I'm Sybil or something! 2 letters in 2 days...with 2 different voices. Crap!
I have just declared that I should handle the Westchester guys myself. IF I continue with this crazy project at all!!

1 comment: